Importance of Hygiene and Sanitation in Current Scenario
It’s a known fact that hygiene is very crucial for all Human Beings. Healthy habits covered in the definition of hygiene consists of bathing, taking care of the mouth by cleaning it daily, protecting skin from the sunrays, and washing hands before touching and consuming food, etc. are included. We must keep the importance of hygiene in our mind as it is a vital quality of the human community.
Focusing on the importance of hygiene is one of the most straightforward measures to eliminate numerous types of diseases and infections. It’s not wrong to say that hygiene is the cornerstone of a blissful life full of zeal and enthusiasm. It embraces conceptions of human pride, virtue, and theism. The hygienic characteristics of a man are raised via hygiene maintenance. Some folks, contrary to their nature, ignore the cleanliness factor in their lives. They live in dirty areas surrounded by garbage and waste materials thrown outside their houses. Dirty water, as well as other things, decay in the sewers near the home. The area of habitation smells from all around.
Personal hygiene incorporates washing our mouth, hand, and face daily. Cleaning teeth twice a day is vital for excellent dental health. We must continually use cleaning agents such as soaps, hand sanitizers, hand gels, and others. Whenever we remove our shoes, we must not forget to clean our legs with soap. By keeping legs clean, we can create a positive and definite effect on our body balance. Cleaning vegetables with pure water before cooking them, cleaning our nose, ear, and hair, cutting our nails daily are hygienic habits. We must not touch our face & mouth, usually in public places. Going to our bed with school attire or with outside clothes is not good for our and others’ hygiene.
1. Importance of Hygiene and Sanitation in Current Scenario
2. Importance of Hygiene: Personal Hygiene Habits one must follow
3. Social Distancing and Masks
4. Importance of Hygiene: Hand Hygiene is the Key
5. Menstrual Hygiene
6. Importance of Hygiene: Culture of Frequent Sanitization
7. Let’s Embrace Touch-less Approach
8. Personal Cleanliness
9. Role of Hindrise Social Welfare Foundation concerning Importance of Hygiene
10. Summing Up
Importance of Hygiene: Personal Hygiene Habits one must follow
Habits such as frequent change of clothes, washing clothes in suitable quality detergents and applying soap as well as disinfectants at the time of taking a bath are the patterns in recent time. The importance of hygiene, as well as cleanliness, is something that have been known to the community since antique times. Yet, constituents such as negligence due to shortage of time and access to supplies, poverty, and in most instances, lack of consciousness stretch to lead to unsanitary customs even in the current world. It could be using the same clothes for many days, not washing hands properly before consuming meals, and other such bad habits that a major chunk of the population continued with till the microbe struck.
Since the COVID-19 outbreak, hygiene surfaced as the best prevention mode. Throughout the year, we have been actively battling against COVID-19 on the backbone of hygiene practices. Personal hygiene is no more a choice, but has become a necessity. It is necessary for our security as well as for the well-being of the folks around us. Let’s look at some of the significant personal hygiene lessons that everyone noticed in 2020 and formulate the bedrock of health as well as wellness in the forthcoming period!
Social Distancing & Masks
This pandemic is in the viral form that flows via respiratory droplets. When a person who is infected by the virus leaves such droplets in the wind, they are expected to travel up to about six feet. Any healthy soul coming near someone infected can unwillingly inhale the polluted droplets. Thus, it is highly recommended that we must maintain a distance of six feet or more from people around us in public places. Carrying a face mask is also a compulsory necessity these days as it can hinder heavy respiratory droplets and avert accidental inhalation.
Importance of Hygiene: Hand Hygiene is the Key!
- The second-most widespread medium of spread is when a person makes contact with a contaminated surface that may stick accumulated respiratory droplets to it or been touched by any COVID infected person.
- Surfaces such as doorknobs/handles, poles, counters, and switches etc., in public premises & vehicles can turn out to be risky as most of us are prone to touch our face on a frequent basis.
- Thus, it is necessary to learn about the importance of hygiene. Hygiene measures such as washing them frequently with soap and water after coming home from outside or after touching any object or surface play a significant part in keeping them free of germs.
- While outdoors and at the workplace where washing hands very often could be a challenging task, it is suggested to use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that are supreme in quality which can end the journey for disease-causing microbes.
- It will protect us from the Coronavirus and save us from getting infected by various contagious diseases.
It’s a fundamental feature of hygiene practices under focus amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Women are at the core of all household exercises in most Indian households, and their own hygiene, as well as wellness, directly reshapes the well-being of the whole household. Women must understand the importance of hygiene with respect to menstrual sanitation. Therefore, it is an outright must for them to have peaceful and consistent access to menstrual sanitation products to positively preserve themselves as well as their family members from any form of infection.
Importance of Hygiene: Culture of Frequent Sanitization
- You must adopt the culture of frequent sanitization. Hygiene of coverings wasn’t an unusual focus area before the pandemic landed.
- As long as a surface seemed clean, it was deemed safe, but that’s not the situation anymore.
- No matter how pure or glittering a surface looks, it could still be swarming with lethal microbes, undetectable to the eye.
- Therefore, it has become a practice to sanitise surfaces regularly, notably in public places.
- For example, people like to get seats sanitised before sitting on them, and we have all discovered to become extra careful about the hygiene as well as sanitation of our surroundings.
Let’s Embrace Touch-less Approach
- Another perspective of personal hygiene that has risen in 2020 is the ‘hands-off’ culture.
- Customary greetings with folded hands or waving hands are getting replaced by handshakes as well as high-fives in most countries.
- Furthermore, there is a growing ubiquity of contactless systems.
- For instance, in public sites, doors are being kept open, and in some places, doors are automated via sensors that automatically unlock them whenever an individual approaches them.
- Face scanners and smart evolving technologies have completely replaced Biometric systems.
- Sensor-equipped taps, air-conditioning systems, as well as lights, are further advancing contactless sustenance.
- Additionally, wearing gloves is suggested for folks visiting or operating in high-risk zones such as diagnostic centers, hospitals, and restaurants.
Habits like a routine change of clothes, properly washing them in high-grade detergents and applying soap as well as disinfectants while taking a shower are the standard nowadays.
Role of Hindrise Social Welfare Foundation concerning Importance of Hygiene
As the COVID-19 cases began to soar at an accelerated pace in India, Hindrise Founder Narendra Kumar, with his wide array of experience in the realm of charitable work and his awareness about the importance of hygiene, got along with the team members at Hindrise and formulated a strategy concerning lending support to the migrant as well as daily wage workers greatly impacted by the lockdown.
At the Hindrise Social Welfare Foundation, our volunteers are proactively working and have distributed more than 42362 bottles of hand sanitizers in Sitamarhi and other parts of Bihar and Delhi NCR and 903 bottles to police stations of Bihar and Delhi NCR to help them remain safe and secure while performing their duties. The team members at the Hindrise Social Welfare Foundation also distributed 26790 masks to security guards, housemaids, healthcare workers, as well as vegetable vendors and those delivering essential services.
In order to kill germs and close the door for Coronavirus, we must wash our hands in a proper way with soap for about 20-30 seconds. While washing hands, we need to scrub all surfaces of the hands, entailing the back of hands, under nails and between fingers thoroughly.
Under the hygiene and sanitation program by Hindrise, we have reached out to more than 13, 00,000 people across India since April 20. Most importantly, the Hindrise Social Welfare foundation has distributed more than 1.5 lakh hygiene kits to make sure that besides awareness, vulnerable families further have access to basic hygiene care. There is raised awareness among the members of the community who have now become more cautious of their cleanliness, go ahead for medical help at the right time, ensure their kids do not go out of the house frequently and have adopted the practice of good hygiene.
The pandemic has produced enormous disorder in our lives and work processes. Regardless of how harshly or softly it attacks a person, it is still competent enough to wreak havoc with our physical as well as mental fitness and capability to accomplish several tasks. In such a circumstance, utilising hygiene as well as sanitation commodities and complying with cleanliness protect us from illness. Also, it can pull down other social-economic values and put in a win-win scenario for everyone! Even after attaining 100% vaccination in the future course of time, we must continue to go through all the hygiene etiquettes as that is the only long-term adequate defence for better health.
At the Hindrise Social Welfare Foundation, we have supported individuals and needy families from marginalized communities amid the COVID-19 pandemic by distributing ration kits, hygiene and sanitation kits, medical kits, and other necessary resources required to overcome challenges. Through our awareness program, we increased awareness concerning the importance of hygiene in today’s time. The selfless efforts of our volunteers have given wings to our mission of serving backward communities in Bihar, Delhi, NCR, and other parts of India.